12 September 2011

Menos de 24 horas!

Less than 24 hours now.  I've been doing last minute clerical issues all day, changing addresses, paying last minute bills, trying to collect my mail from the post office (unsuccessful), switching around some cash and getting last minute purchases.

I packed yesterday and was struggling to downsize my wardrobe at all.  It takes up the bulk of my bags, but I worked so hard to build a nice, warm and professional selection in the spring that I just can't justify abandoning a lot of it.

My biggest bag actually has a lot of space but is already dangerously close to the overweight mark.  I'm bringing 4 bags.  2 checked bags, one of which I have to pay a $50 fee for, 1 carry-on and 1 "personal item".  I'm wearing my long, winter wool coat to preserve space.  It'll make a good blanket on the plane, but it's going to be miserable carrying it around, especially as we leave the 100 degree weather in San Antonio, TX.

Remember that I'm flying out over 2 weeks early so that my boyfriend Andres, his mother Sylvana and I may explore before I get down to business and so that I have enough time to find a place to live.

I just received an email from one of the teachers that I will be working with.  Her name is Loli and she told me that my first day would be October 3rd at 9am.

So, goodbye, until soon.  The nerves haven't really hit me yet, but I'll let you know once I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment